Saturday, October 30, 2010

BDSM Toy International Travel Tip

Before my trip I was being my normal self and researched this topic by searching google for anyone's experiences in this regard. I didn't find any terribly recent information, most of the posts were as old as four or five years. So I just wanted to write this post in case another lucky American submissive has met her dream Master in Europe and needs to travel abroad with toys and have the time of her life.

I packed leather cuffs (wrist and ankle), a crop, a flogger, a blindfold, a gag and some clothespins. I was terribly nervous about being pulled aside at security at any one of the three airports I visited on my journey to be asked “and what exactly is this for” or some other ridiculously obvious question.

Needless to say not a single mention from anyone. Granted, the toys were in my checked baggage that I had checked at the ticket counter and didn't see again until it came out on the conveyer. But even so, I had read one blog (way closer in time to 9/11 and heightened security) where someone was taken to the luggage area under the plane on a tarmac and questioned about their bdsm toys.

So anyone else curious about security that googles “sex toys, bdsm toys, airport security, or international travel” will be happy to note that at least in my case, it could not have been easier to travel with toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment