Monday, January 10, 2011

The Fine Art of Polygamy

After reading two blog posts over at Blog I follow, Bunny Ramblings I feel necessitated to write this.  Otherwise, I'd write a ridiculously long comment, because her blog brings up a few things I really want to address.  She had talked in the first blog about how she doesn't "get" polygamy and how she feels sad for anyone who can't get everything they want/need from just one person.  I felt obliged to comment on the first blog and then after she wrote a second, my comments got much more wordy, so I thought I'd better address it here.

The first thing is that she is right in her assessment of me.  I most certainly have not *chosen* poly in and of itself.  Yes, what my lifestyle qualifies as, most certainly would fall under polygamy.  I wouldn't say inherently that I was "built" for poly.  The silly thing is, I really do consider myself a monogamous girl.  I try my very hardest to be incredibly dedicated to my husband and my family.  And I also try my hardest to be a good girl, a good slave, and just generally make Mr. G proud.  When discussing what it is we have, my husband, t has a hard time thinking we're in a polygamous relationship.  And t deals with the fact that his Mistress has other submissives, as well.  To him, *that* is a polygamous arrangement, not what our marriage is.

You will not ever hear me say having two relationships is easy.  I don't think having one monogomous relationship is easy. Let alone a monogamous relationship with kids.  Let alone a D/s relationship.  But I have to say, we are all pretty good at open communication, and we're all learning as we go.  Luckily, both of the men in my life are genuinely amazing men and have good senses of humor and can roll with the punches, so to speak.  This wouldn't be nearly as low stress if they weren't adaptive, as well. 

With t, you have to understand.  It adds SO much to our relationship.  He is truly my best sub buddy.  We give each other pep talks all the time.  When you've fucked up, gotten punished (or worse, are about to) and you feel like shit, who can commiserate more than another subbie that loves you?  I feel so lucky to get to share that side with him.  I love helping him have his lightbulb moments.  Or when I just remind spoiled bratty him (who also reminds spoiled, bratty me) that it's not about t's pleasure or what he wants to do.  It's about serving Her and pleasing Her.  So I get to, as a best friend, watch t be taken care of and held accountable and really learn and grow as a submissive.  I could never give him that.  Although, I do at times have a sadistic side, I really don't enjoy dominating him.  I love seeing him so fulfilled and happy and taken care of in a way that I don't have it in me to do.

And he and i are close because he listens to me mope when Mr. G and i haven't had much contact and entertains me and completely understands what it's like to be addicted.  He also covers for me in the evening when I've spent hours and hours being mommy and just need a few to talk to Mr.G.  How can you not love a husband that does that?  I try not to be bitchy when our daughter is in Captain Destructo mode and he's finally getting a chance to chat online with his Mistress.  It's a give and take, in that respect, as well.

And, well, Mr. G?  I have to say he's had to adjust a LOT.  He's never had a slave that had a husband.  But he knew I did from the moment he met me.  There's times I'm not available to him because of familial or work responsibilities.  This is when he understands but is not understanding.  I know that there's times my relationship or closeness to t might get under Mr. G's skin.  I have learned in the last six months that *how* I say things is sometimes more important than what I'm actually saying.  And also, Master wants to encourage the health and happiness of my marriage (because the funny part is, He and i wouldn't be so beautiful if we lived together.  In Mr. G's own words "we'd kill each other.")  And I couldn't let myself worship him the way I do if he didn't have a family of his own.  I would never have let myself get so attached to a single man, with no wife or kids.  It wouldn't have been fair to t.  So I am still working on not being so spoiled and pouty when i have free time, but my Master is busy with his family.  And I'm thankful he has an amazing wife and it makes me happy to know he's taken care of and happy at home.      

Jealousy and insecurity, I think I'll save for another post as this has turned into a treatise on polygamy...

1 comment:

  1. I think this is the best explanation I've ever read of how this kind of arrangement works - not the logistics, but how, adn maybe why, it works for all the needs of all the people involved.

    ReplyDelete