Tuesday, January 11, 2011

To Whom Are You Addressing Those Statements?

I need to work on my etiquette. I need like a refresher course on how to speak to my Master. It's not that I don't always call him sir or Master. Minus one log I found before I was officially his where I say his first name in a chat, I have never used his first name (or last for that matter). I don't think it's appropriate and I'm sure Master agrees. I don't know if he ever gave this as a rule.  I should probably at some point write up my rules and post them here. That does two things, reminds me of my rules and it also shares them with curious people. I know I always have a nosey at other submissive's rules when they share them on their blog.

But back to my snippy or whiny or complain-y tone.  What the fuck, man?  Seriously.  I realize it almost as soon as I've said a disrespectful or snide or inappropriate thing.  I need to remind myself sometimes that although we do chat pretty often in a casual banter, I still have to think before I speak.  And I really have to think before I knock out a morning email that is full of whine.  Thankfully, my Master knows I would never intentionally disrespect him.  He also has a good sense of humor, so if I say something funny, he usually finds it funny.  Believe me, I know immediately when I've crossed the line of good slave to...mouthy slave.  But as surprised as I am to type this, it doesn't really happen often.

The lawyer in me really wants to point out this morning's email request, even though the tone and wording of the email was completely unacceptable, had value in that....I was raised in a family and now live in a family where we say goodnight.  Every.  Night.  I know not everyone does this.  And theoretically, Mr. G isn't a part of my family.  I just think about him before bed every night and usually almost immediately when my eyes open in the morning.  I could've thought of a much nicer way to tell my Master this, though.  And that is the point to this blog.

Thank you, sir, for calling me on my slack-ness and also for forgiving me.  I promise to remember that although you are someone that is within my tiny inner circle, you are not my friend, my boyfriend or my husband.  I don't think I can speak to you sarcastic or whiny and get away with it. 
Hopefully, writing this blog will help keep it fresh in my mind.  I hate not being a good girl.  I really do.  Thank you for keeping me in line.

1 comment: