Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sir, yes, Sir

I love Eminen's song “I'm a Soldier”.  It makes me want to run and punch and kick ass.  And I really identify with this today.  I was thinking earlier how I often transition from poor me sad slave, horny depression girl to a more motivated, more militant slave.

It's like the dormant drill instructor in my head wakes up and he's totally Full Metal Jacket in my face and he screams “what'dyou think life is?  Orgasms and champagne?  Get over yourself!”  I really like when my own inner motivator wakes up and gets me back in line.  Master deserves more than a self-indulgent bratty slave.  Luckily, I only have short, almost unremarkable pity parties.  And thankfully, I get over myself pretty quickly.

Plus, there's a Biggest Loser type competition beginning this Friday at my office.  There's 14 weeks of  weigh-ins and then cash or prizes but mostly the bragging rights.  And I felt my competitive side really
want to kick ass and take names.  I have been losing but I know I can do better and this is exactly the kind of motivation I needed.

Have to keep this blog short.  I've got to go work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment