Tuesday, August 28, 2012

New Hobbies

I have just recently gotten very intrigued with the idea of self-bondage.  I was wanting to try something fun and make a Sinful Sunday post last week.  (Thankfully, I was otherwise inspired.)  Because when I Googled self-bondage, I found a wide array of information, a lot of it really scary.

Now, don't get me wrong, I think a person living alone with padlocks or complex plans of self-ropework really should be cautious.  Thankfully, I have t (to hopefully take pictures, but worst case scenario, rescue me, as well.)  And yes, I could just ask t to put me in bondage.  But this is my curiosity of "self-bondage" so asking him to do it sort of takes the whole point out of it.  (Plus, he's asleep and I was wanting to try something tonight)

I have often thought that pilates and yoga type poses would be more interesting if I was in bondage.  I think if exercising and getting fit were more related to slave-like activities, I would be happier to get behind them.  Plus, if I'm interested in being in bondage for anyone in the future, I really need to get in shape.  The last time t had me in a hog-tie, my arms and hands were asleep within a minute or two of him putting the cuffs on me.  So unacceptable!  I think the best way to get in good bondage shape is to just start practicing by myself.

When I Googled images, I was amazed at some of the things I found.  (honestly, I had a hard time believing that some of these were not done with some outside help).  Although, I'm curious about ropework and making my bondage look aesthetically pleasing (and thereby producing more naughty picture posts as well as fun self-experimentation), I think I'm going to start off with something simple involving our cuffs (wrist and ankle).  I don't want to set my sights too high and get discouraged.  And I'm really wondering if I have the patience to learn intricate ropework.

I'm hoping to accomplish a few things in this exercise.  I would like to become more flexible and build up my endurance to being in uncomfortable positions.  I'm also hoping to tap into my slave self in a way that kneeling used to for me.  I used to be able to kneel and go to that almost meditative place in my head of being a slave. The last few times I was kneeling (not for a "Him", just for myself) I found myself feeling silly.  Like it was an exercise in futility.  As if I was kneeling to pray to a deity that I no longer believe in.  All I kept doing was getting in my own head and ruining the experience.

I feel like maybe some self-bondage might be just the push I need that gives me the added discomfort and (albeit an illusion) helplessness that will assist me in getting to that head space that I so crave.

1 comment:

  1. I love the sound of using self-bondage to get in the proper headspace for kneeling. I want to see pics! I've been assessing my feelings about bondage in general lately.

    ReplyDelete